Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sin Magnets – A Heart Like His


 
 Saul disguised himself by putting on different clothes and set out with two of his men.  They came to the woman at night, and Saul said, “Consult a spirit for me.  Bring up for me the one I tell you” (1 Samuel 28:8) 

What are the general moods or circumstances or times of day when you find yourself most susceptible to familiar temptations?   

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. (1 John 1:8)   All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God and I certainly count myself in that number.

I always found myself susceptible to temptation when I felt most alone and defeated.  It is at those times I find myself tempted so sin either explicitly or complicity.  I may fail to love or forgive others, or fail to do things I ought to do—and that is sin.

GOD has expectations of his people.  He has made a tremendous investment in our lives and made us well able for whatever challenges and difficulties life may hold for us. 

How could you use this information to guard your heart from sin’s most convenient, compelling playgrounds?
When I sin it does not mean I am no longer God's children. My fellowship with God may be broken, but my relationship is not. 
I remind myself that God stands ready to forgive me and I need to turn to Him immediately. God wants to help me to avoid sin in the future.  To do so I have to make a conscience decision to live according to God's standards and values. 

No comments: