Sunday, May 4, 2014

Step-By-Step Progress


Today's post is about making progress step-by-step.  My relationship with GOD is one that I must continue to work on each and every day.  I've placed a morning Bible study on my schedule forces me to incorporate time with GOD in my day.

Today's Bible study involves Proverbs 3:5-6.  

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.  Proverbs 3:5-6.

GOD reveals HIS will as we trust and obey HIM day by day.  GOD does not drop down from heaven a simple blueprint for our life from heaven.  As we walk with the LORD he shows us the way.  It is like walking in the dark with a powerful flashlight.  As we walk forward we see the way ahead.  From time to time GOD gives a flash of light that allows us to see miles ahead, but normally we walk in step by step obedience.

Keeping track of my exercise is helping me see progress.  I realize that if I'm really serious about making a healthy change in my life and get in shape then I MUST track my progress.  It sure makes me feel better than stepping on a scale every morning and agonizing any upward movement l might see on the scale..  

With that in mind here is my work-out for today:

* stair stepper - 2.08 miles - 1.90 calories
* Row machine - 5.09 minutes - 35 calories
* 30 pull-ups
* Pec fly - 25 lbs - 25 reps
* stationary bike - 15.06 minutes - 71 calories
* lateral raise - 20 lbs - 25 reps
* Dual cable - 12.5 lbs - 25 reps
* torso rotation - 20 lbs - 30 reps
* ab crunch - 20 lbs - 30 reps
* Nitro ab 35 lbs - 30 reps

No comments: