Thursday, August 27, 2009

Rosemary Don't Live Here



I saw this video clip this morning on the news. Turns out a 15 year old girl was dancing at this all nude club instead of going to school. When reporters showed up at her home they were attacked.

As a teacher I can't say that I'm surprised. Often, but not always, you can see exactly why a child acts like they are out of control. That is because they have not learned how to act correctly.

I remember calling a parent years ago to inform her that her daughter was not attending school. It turns out that the daughter, she was 18, was working as an exotic dancer at her UNCLE's club. When I called Mom she cursed me out. It's not because I said anything about her daughter's occupation. It was because I interrupted a certain illicit transaction that had been taking place. Think expletives. Think lots of them.

I will do my best not to make the glaring reference to the garden tool used in comparison to the person wielding it.

No comments: