Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Angry Customer Trashes McDonalds



Sometimes a video needs very little commentary. I saw this video a few days ago and I wish I could say that I was shocked or amazed. Sadly I was not.

While most people are basically good I see more people having melt downs than I ever remember seeing when I grew up. Now I realize that I am ancient so maybe it's not a fair analysis but I NEVER remember seeing anything like this at a McDonalds ever.

My students will tell you differently. They will regularly tell you stories about customers who are cruel to them because their fries are cold. Then again I did have one student who had a customer going off at him calling him a "little F'ing Queer." The young man (my student) threw the customer's soda in his face.

While I think the customer was very WRONG and showed their ignorance, I counseled my student that he should have stepped away from stupidity and let the manager handle the moron. Ultimately, my student was fired.

This customer looks young and I can only hope that as she matures she will learn better coping methods.

I will tell you that in some school districts behavior like this is not unusual. I used to teach in a school district where TEACHERS and students were wanded down at the door. I had a student lift a desk over his head and threaten to kill me because on my first day of class he felt I should call him by his Gang name.

So does this mean that I have never witnessed this kind of behavior. I have. Does it frighten me that it is often glossed over and sometimes accepted? Absolutely. Is this a very, very troubled young lady? Obviously.

No comments: