Thursday, January 7, 2010

Playboy Model's Body Found In Dumpster



Having been in an abusive marriage I don't ask the question that some people ask. I do understand why people ask the question but even I do not know the answer. The question on people's lips is always, "Why did they stay in an abusive relationship?"

Sociologist, pyschologists, and others have tried to find the answer to the question but really the answer lies in the heart of the people involved. For me, I couldn't imagine my life without my ex husband. I had grown up in an abusive family and so abuse was not alien to me. I always felt if I just a little more, did something different, things would work out in the end.

People will reach out to help you. They will speak the words that your hear knows are true. You know that you should leave but you seem almost paralyzed and caught in grip of a love that is destroying you bit by bit.

For me, the end of my marriage culminated in a violent act in which my ex-husband tried to bash my head in with a metal bed slat. I escaped with my life but my battered self-esteem craved him like a drug and would have willingly taken him back.

It took lots of introspection to take me to a place where I understood that I deserved so much better.

How could love take you to a place where you could destroy that which you profess to cherish? How can you brutalize the person you once held in a loving embrace? I don't know that we will ever know and I don't belive that Kevin could answer this question either.

Playboy model Paula Sladewski was found inside a flaming trash can in North Miami. Her body was found on Sunday, January 3, 2009. Dental records were used to identify Sladewski, because her body was "burned beyond recognition," according to North Miami police spokesperson Lt. Newl Cuevas. Police found the body in the 1400 block of Northeast 131st Street.

Paula Sladewski's family says the lovers had a volatile relationship, telling reporters that Klym recently broke the models nose, and that there had been other charges of domestic violence.

Sladewski and her boyfriend Kevin Klym, 34, who resided in both Michigan and California, had traveled to Florida to ring in the New Year with a Lady Gaga concert and a weekend of bar-hopping.

She was last seen in the early morning hours at the nightspot Club Space, where she’d gotten into a fight with Klym.

Klym told cops his girlfriend was “too drunk,” the newspaper reports, and he tried to convince her to leave the bar.

After the ensuing screaming match, he said, bouncers tossed him out - and he took a cab back to their swanky digs at a Miami Beach hotel.

She did not deserve to die this way. If anyone who saw Paula at the club or afterward contact police.

No comments: