Thursday, January 21, 2010

What Does A Trillion Dollars Look Like?



Just imagine if the money had been given to the PEOPLE rather than large corporations and Wall Street Bankers.

For example the AIG bailout cost each American family $1,455.97. That might have helped some people with their mortgage payment and staved off foreclosure.

Oh and by the way, how's that working for the taxpayers? AIG, for example, has said it has not generated enough earnings to repay the remaining $62 billion it owes the government, despite recording two straight profitable quarters.

What should we do? Well I guess we need to BORROW more money. Heck I know that works at my house. If I'm deeply in debt and can't make the payments on my house or put food on the table, I just borrow even more money knowing that there's no way I can pay it back.

How much money are we going to borrow? Senate Democrats Propose $1.9T Increase to U.S. Debt Limit. I know, I know, it's all George Bush's fault. I mean after all he's the one who wants to spend even more money with the new health insurance bill but..... Oh wait that would be the Dems. Wasn't that supposed to be deficit neutral?

No comments: