Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Bombshells On Day One Of Casey Anthony Trial
Nearly three years after the murder of 2-year-old Caylee Anthony, her the highly anticipated murder trial against Casey Anthony began today.
Prosecutor Linda Drane-Burdick, said Casey Anthony's appearance as a hard-working single mother was an illusion, recounting what Casey allegedly told her parents she was doing during the 31 days Caylee was missing before it was reported, saying evidence will show Casey was really doing during that time.
As Drane-Burdick recounted the events of each of the 31 days, sge repeated the question: "Where was Caylee?"
That is indeed the question that so many of us hope to answer by the close of this case. What truly happened to Caylee and will there finally be Justice for Caylee.
After court returned from recess for lunch, defense attorney Jose Baez unleashed a series of bombshells which include the following:
* Caylee drowned in the Anthony family's swimming pool. He said Caylee died June 16, 2008, the day after the Anthonys claimed they last saw her alive.
* George Anthony sexually abused Casey when she was 8 years old. Baez also claimed Casey's brother, Lee Anthony, also tried to sexually abuse Casey years ago.
* George helped Casey cover up Caylee's death. Baez did made it clear that George Anthony was not to blame for Caylee's death, calling it "an accident that snowballed out of control."
* Roy Kronk, a morally corrupt meter reader, took Caylee's body and hid it. Baez claimed Roy Kronk told his son overseas "I found Caylee. Watch for me on TV."
* The so-called "smell of death" in Casey's car came from garbage left in the trunk.
* George Anthony had a mistress who gave him money so he could pretend to be working. According to Baez the mistress, Crystal Holloway, will testify that she had an affair with George Anthony, and when she asked him what happened to Caylee, he replied, "It was an accident."
This isn't a murder case, a manslaughter case, or a child abuse case. So what the heck is it Baez? If Casey drowned, then what in the world does Kronk have to do with this at all other than having found the body? Just curious Baez, did Caylee often swim with duct tape covering her mouth and nose?
I honestly felt that you could hear the oxygen sucked out of the room when Baez told the court that Caylee drowned in the pool as a result of the accident. One would then wonder why she had refused to tell authorities this years ago and avoided all of this.
When court was put into recess for the day, Mark Lippman, the Anthony family attorney released the following statement:
George and Cindy Anthony are shocked and appalled that the defense would resort to lies about them in today's opening statement.
Baez's idle speculation today certainly are not facts. The only result achieved by the defense in this statement was to further hurt this grieving family.
George Anthony maintains that he never had anything to do with the death of Caylee Marie Anthony, including what happened to her remains after she allegedly drowned. The sworn testimony given today shows that he has never wavered about his knowledge regarding these events. He, like the rest of the Anthony family, only seeks the truth about what happened to their granddaughter.