Monday, November 30, 2009

Thank You Aaron Tipton

aaron tipton and mike

I received an email from my youngest son who is currently stationed over in Iraq. He told me that he and his soldiers had turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, macaroni and even egg nog for lunch. Then for dinner the Mason lodge there invited all his Soldiers over for a cookout and they grilled a turkey and some steaks it was really nice of them.

After dinner he got to meet Aaron Tipton who took time from his own friends and family this holiday season to give to our troops. He sang his big songs like "Where the Stars and Stripes and the Eagles Fly" and "Kiss This" but he told everyone he used to be a truck driver and he wanted to sing some good truck driver music. This was youngest son's favorite part of the show because youngest son and his brother have always loved the movie Smokey and the Bandit and they LOVED the song "East Bound and Down". Well I can't tell you how much it meant to my son to hear his favorite song.

Thank you Mr. Tipton from the bottom of my heart for making this holiday for our men and women who are serving our country in Iraq a little brighter.

No comments: