Monday, August 16, 2010

Mom Stabbed By Son Over Cheeseburger




Have you ever seen a melt-down of a two-year old who wants candy "NOW"? It can be frightening to witness the furry of such a child at the grocery counter as he screams, and cries, throws things, and contorts his body.

Now imagine a 6'3 300 pound teenager who wants a cheeseburger from Rally's.

Vergie Dean doesn't have to imagine such a scenario because when his Mom did not bring him his cheeseburger he became enraged.

He was like 'Where's my food at?' and I'm like 'I'm not gonna give you anything' so he smacked my sandwich and he pushed me or something and it escalated from there…”

She says her 18-year-old then grabbed and choked her before grabbing a knife.

“He had me in the corner. I took a knife and I stabbed him in his finger. He ran in his room and grabbed a big ole butcher knife. He came back and was like 'You cut me, you cut me.' He was standing right there. He just took the knife and stuck it in my arm."

Vergie blames the outburst on her son’s mental illness. “He’s a paranoid schizophrenic and he ain’t been taking his medicine for one because he flips off. He be good sometime, then he get bad.” Vergie also says her son would rather buy drugs than food. “So to keep him from going in the streets to do the bad things, I give him money everyday.”

Let's face. There's a whole lot going on here and cheeseburgers are the least of their problems.

No comments: