Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Double Checking - A Heart Like His

 
Once again, David inquired of the LORD, and the LORDDD answered him (1Samuel 23:4)
What do you do when you’re uncertain about a situation?  What’s your typical decision-making strategy?

In the past I will admit that when I was in an uncertain situation I polled friends and family as to the course I should take.   I often worry and spend an inordinate amount of time thinking through worst case scenarios.
Now when I find myself in a situation where I feel overwhelmed and don’t know what course to take I try seeking guidance from GOD.  Trust me this paradigm shift has not been an easy one but I feel I’m getting stronger every day. 

Are you comfortable enough in GOD’s grace to ask Him honest questions without fear of offending Him?  If not what do you think makes us afraid to?
For believers, we are not offending God by asking legitimate questions about the Christian faith. Asking questions is not the same as unbelief. Asking honest questions will get us honest answers

Some wrongly assume that asking questions shows signs of weakness.  The truth is that human understanding is not the same as GOD understands.  GOD understands this so he understands that we sometimes need an interpretation of his will. 

No comments: