Sunday, October 21, 2012

Alone With GOD – A Heart Like His


David was in a difficult position because the troops talked about stoning him, for they were all very bitter over the loss of their sons and daughters.  But David found strength in the Lord his GOD (1 Samuel 30:6) 

GOD often transforms painful times in precious times when we realize we are all alone with Him.  How have those seasons of life forged a bond between you and the Lord?
 GOD never intended for the trials that I have faced to destroy me. He uses these challenges to bring me closer to Him, not farther away. I am trying to learn to be anxious for nothing and take my troubles to Him in prayer.  I am learning to have absolute confidence that He Is THE Answer.  He will use this as an opportunity to strengthen and mature me in my faith.  When I place my faith in him, He will give me His Peace that surpasses all understanding!
What are one or two encouraging thoughts you could share with someone who’s going through a valley right now?
God has not forgotten you.  He promises that He will never desert you, nor forsake you.   
I know that you may be thinking, "I don't know how I could ever get through this." or you may be battling powerful feelings of despair, suffering, confusion, fear, worry, and even anger.  
Remember that as difficult as this life storm may be, GOD cares very deeply about you, and is attentive to every detail of your life—even those things that burden your heart. He hears your cries and sees your pain.
In the midst of sadness and uncertainty, His hand is there to guide you; His strength is there to support you. You are never out of His reach.

No comments: