Sunday, November 7, 2010

Twenty Second Day Of Forty Days of Gratitude



Another cold morning but we now have the heat on upstairs. The last several days we've kept warm using an electric blanket because Darryl wants to save money on our electric bill. Today was our first full day of heat so it was a bit easier to get out of bed this morning.

Another reason it was easier to get out of bed this morning was because the clocks had been turned back an hour. This mean I actually slept in until 6:50 am. Trust me, if you knew me that's pretty late. Usually the dogs have me up by then.

Sundays are usually my date with deals and today was no different. We were able to get some really good deals at CVS, Walgreens, and Kroger. My favorite part was stocking up on Annie's Macaroni and Cheese. I love Macaroni and Cheese and I remember when I used to buy Kraft Mac and Cheese for two for a dollar. Today I was able to buy Annie's Organic Macaroni and Cheese for only 49 cents. Ah the good old days. I was also excited about buying Blue Diamond Almond Milk for only 99 cents a half a gallon. What a great deal.

Our trip to Kroger today gave me my moment of gratitude. We bought a $300 gift card to donate to a local pantry so they could purchase turkey. Right now turkey is only 69 cents a pound and they should be able to get a few more turkeys than they thought originally.

Things may not be as good for us as they were a few years ago but I still feel blessed that we both have a job. I feel that it's important for us to help others who are hurting.

I am also blessed because my son Dan called me. He called because he felt I was the "thrifty store expert". Imagine that. He has a friend who lives in Atlanta who was looking for a thrift store so Dan called me to see if I knew of any good ones. I really don't know much about Atlanta. Darryl really doesn't like going there much so there is still much of Atlanta that I haven't seen. I couldn't help him but he thanked me anyway and told me that he loved me very much. Now who wouldn't feel grateful to have such a wonderful son love her?

No comments: