Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Power of Love - 90 Days With A Heart Like His


Saul sent agents to David’s house to watch for him and kill him in the morning.  But his wife Michal warned David:  “If you don’t escape tonight, you will be dead tomorrow!” (1 Samuel 19:11)
What would happen, you think, if you deliberately chose to love and serve a person whom you found yourself jealous or at odds with?

Jealousy is a raw human emotion created when a person feels insecure or anxious about his importance or value to other people.  Jealousy is such a primal emotion. It is also destructive and unattractive.

When you find yourself to be jealous of someone you chose to serve or love you may find yourself undermining that person and hindering their progress. That person’s happiness or achievements bother you. 

Jealousy will NEVER help you.  You will find yourself wasting lots of your precious time and energy when you find yourself immersed in jealousy, while this person who is the object of your jealousy wouldn’t even give you a thought.  Instead you should try to divert all the negative energy into something positive that can ultimately help you lead a better life.

What have you seen love accomplish—whether in God’s love for you, or your love for another, or their love for you? 

I have read many accounts of people who’s love for GOD allowed them to witness miracles.  Mother Teresa comes to mind.  She had an unwavering love for the lives of those that no one cared about.  She understood that earthly rewards were important only if they helped her help the world's needy.

I have seen GOD’s love for me in my own life when I see how he never gave up on me.  He took care of me and lead me to my destiny.  He is with me ALWAYS!

It is GOD that helped me to to college when I didn't think it was possible.  It was GOD that helped me raise to grounded children by myself.  HE is able to do everything if I only open my heart to him. 

No comments: