Today’s Love Expressed devotional is about living your life as a living sacrifice to GOD. Being a living sacrifice means that you are willing to let God take the reins of your life and lead you wherever He may lead you to be a tool that He can use!
How can you present yourself as a living sacrifice? You do it by rejecting the sinful nature and fully accepting Christ and his ways.
Romans 12: 1-2 and 1 Peter 1: 15-16 both touch upon holiness and not conforming to this world's standards but being transformed by the renewing of our minds. Basically 1 Peter 1: 15-16 mentions being "holy". Holiness is a separation from sin which means we are to sacrifice our fleshly desires so that we can be holy or set apart. We do that by rejecting everything that is against God and his standards.
We live our lives as a living sacrifice when:
- Our love is genuine
- We hold fast to what is good and do not abhor evil
- We love everyone with a brotherly affection
- We outdo everyone in honoring others
- We are fervent in spirit
- We serve the Lord
- We rejoice in hope
- We are patient in tribulation
- We constantly pray
- We contribute to the needs of saints
- We are hospitable
- We bless those who persecute us
- We live in harmony
- We associate with the lowest
- We are not arrogant
- We do not repay evil for evil
- We are peacemakers
- We do not seek revenge
- We feed and take care of our enemies
- We overcome evil with good
Unless you have tried to live God's way instead of your own way, you will never know the power and peace and joy that come from God's way of life. Make yourself available or dedicate your life to God as a living sacrifice!