Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's Back To School I Go


Yesterday afternoon my son Michael stopped by to see us. He wanted to go to the Mellow Mushroom for dinner but since it was their opening night the wait for a table was 45 minutes.

We decided to ditch the pizza and headed over to the Steak and Shake. This was our first time at the Rome Steak and Shake. I had a Southwestern Salad but the guys each ordered up a big burger and a large shake.

It's always good to see Michael. He was telling us about the new girl he's seeing. She is a police officer that he met on e-Harmony. Mike has met teachers, nurses, and other nice professional women through e-Harmony.

I'm glad I suggested that he check out e-harmony because dating, even for the young seems to be a very complicated business. I wish that my oldest son would check out the site or one like it but he's so busy right now with school and work.

The evening always ends too early and before I knew it Mike had to leave and I wished I could spend more time with him and his brother. I miss Virginia on those days.

Finally, we are back in school. The kids are so excited and couldn't wait to get back to the business of learning. Well maybe in my dreams that's how they felt but back to the business of learning we did go.

The main topic of disgruntled discussion was of course "Make-up days." Suddenly it seems everyone has already purchased non-refundable cruise tickets, Disney Vacation Packages, and/or plane tickets.

While some people seem convinced that there will be a big ruckus about the loss of our Spring Break days at tonight's school board session, I personally doubt that any of this will happen. It has been my observation that when Dr. C speaks it is much like Ramses in the movie The Ten Commandments. "Thus it is written. Thus it shall me done."

On the positive side I learned today that I won a $25 Walmart Gift Card from Social Moms. I'm so very excited! Social Moms is a social networking community for influential moms.

No comments: