Tuesday, April 7, 2009

No Snow Day

Snow on plant

Despite the damp chilly cold of last night, there was no snow. Just as I arrived at the last stop light just before school I thought I saw a whisper of a white speck sail by my windshield. I almost laughed saying my mind is too focused on snow. Then I saw four or five more specks before the light changed. When I pulled into the parking lot moments later, the snow had stopped.

There was another sad end to a case of a missing child. I have been watching this case and praying for the little girl. It appears that our prayers were not answered. The remains of a missing Northern California girl were found Monday in a suitcase recovered from a pond a couple of miles from where she was last seen more than a week ago, authorities said.

The 8-year-old was wearing the same clothes she wore when last seen on March 27: a pink "Hello Kitty" T-shirt and black leggings. I think it was the Hello Kitty shirt that really held my attention. I have a student who LOVES Hello Kitty.

Here are the blog contest I entered:

Prize: Carolyn's Kitchen Apron and matching dish gloves.

Prize: Exergen TemporalScanner thermometer.

Prize: Box of Crest Whitestrips Advanced Seal (ARV $45).

Prizes (3): Sesame Street: Being Green DVD.

Prize: The Tale of Despereaux DVD.

Prize: Exergen Temporal Scanner thermometer.

Grand Prize: Two baby outfits from Messages from the Heart, and copies of Welcome Little One, Peek-a-boo I Love You, Baby Love, My Blanket, Little Blossom, Goodnight Little One, Butterfly Kisses, Love Bug, Bedtime Bunny and Little Angel (ARV $149.88).
Runner Up Prizes (4): Copy of Welcome, Little One (ARV $15.99).


Grand Prize: Two baby outfits from Messages from the Heart, and copies of Welcome Little One, Peek-a-boo I Love You, Baby Love, My Blanket, Little Blossom, Goodnight Little One, Butterfly Kisses, Love Bug, Bedtime Bunny and Little Angel (ARV $149.88).
Runner Up Prizes (4): Copy of Welcome, Little One (ARV $15.99).

No comments: