Friday, April 10, 2009

Tornado Warnings Left And Right

Photobucket

This morning I woke up to severe thunderstorm warnings. I had hoped to get to work before it started to rain but I didn't quite make it. I got all the way to work and then the skies opened. Lots of thunder and lots of rain. That was short lived though.

It was a difficult day with lots some of the kids who were acting out of sorts. You would have thought they would have behaved better since tomorrow was the prom. Some kids didn't seem to care about that.

They came to my classroom today and fixed the content filter in my class, the media center, and another teacher's class. Thank God that was fixed.

When I left school we wound up under a severe thunderstorm warning. The radio chronicled a tornado from that storm touching down in Tennessee, possibly killing three. The dark clouds were lapping at my feet. Within fifteen minutes of my arrival the tornado siren went off. A tornado might have been been spied up the road in White, Georgia.

We listened and watched but no storm appeared. Then about fifteen minutes after that it began pouring down rain. Lots of thunder and some lightening. In the distance the alarm is being sounded again.

Here are the blog contests I entered tonight:

Prizes (4): Easter gift basket filled with an assortment of Berroco yarns and organic chocolate.

Prize: Marley & Me 2-disc Bad Dog Edition DVD.

Prize: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars video game for Nintendo DS, set of chopstick styli and t-shirt (ARV $34.99).

Prizes (5): Two boxes of Electrasol Finish Quantum and two bottles of Jet Dry Turbo Dry.

Prize: Animal Planet Emergency Vets video game for Nintendo DS.

Prizes (5): Two boxes of Electrasol Finish Quantum dishwashing detergent and two bottles of Jet Dry Turbo Dry.

Prize: Exergen TemporalScanner thermometer.

Prize: $50 Visa gift card.

No comments: