Thursday, June 4, 2009

Actor David Carradine Dead



When I was in my tween one of the most popular shows out there was Kung Fu. It was all the rage among my classmates who swore they either held a black belt or were working towards one. Personally I never watched an episode of Kung Fu. This did not mean I didn't know who David Carradine was.

Today Carradine was found dead in his room at the Park Nai Lert Hotel in Junfan Mulay, Bangkok, Thailand. The initial police investigation indicated that Carradine had hanged himself using a cord of the type which is used with curtains. Circumstances suggested that the death was a suicide. He was a lifetime supporter of the Save the Lemur Campaign. He was 72.

Well tomorrow is a big announcement about a great win. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this win. I truly am thrilled.

Another thing to be thrilled about is my Victory Garden. I was going to water it this morning but it looked like it had sprinkled at the sky was overcast. Still I decided to check on my garden anyway. I couldn't believe it. I noticed something new on one of my plants. A PEPPER. I can hardly believe it. Peppers are actually coming out on some of my plants. It's just so hard for me to believe. Me the same person who used to kill every plant I ever owned.

ThriftyMaven is still growing. Tuesday six more people subscribed. Yesterday three more people subscribed. I'm also beginning to get more comments without asking for them in a contest.

Here are the blog contests I entered today:

Prize: Exergen TemporalScanner.

Prize: Flip Mino Digital Camera (ARV $179).

Prize: Aqua Sweetheart apron from Carolyn's Kitchen.

No comments: