Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesday

brooke blog Pictures, Images and Photos

I'm a little upset about an incident that happened on ThriftyMaven. Here's the deal. I woke up and began to post content to my site. Right away I noticed a comment. I thought it was a comment for the contest I'm running. No!!!!! It was a comment, obviously by someone who works with Pick Up Stix.

You see I had posted a link to their website for a coupon that featured a FREE entree NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. So far so good. I do not post things unless I've checked them out because I don't want to post fraudulent information to my readers. What bothered me about this post was that the gentleman said I was basically posting a fraudulent coupon. This would not be true. I posted a link to his site, for a coupon ON HIS Site that was for the FREE entree.

Obviously one of several things happened. I think it was a person who did a poor job of proofreading. Usually this company has buy one get one free coupons. So it could be that the proofreader didn't read the coupon very well. That I would understand. The company could have written me and said that there was a mistake on their end and they weren't going to honor it. Instead they made it sound as if I manufactured this coupon. Wow I must be the MASTER coupon forger. That's because not only did I change the information on the coupon but I must have also HACKED their site. NO STINKING WAY!!!!

The coupon was listed on their site. There was no fraud on my end. They realized their mistaken and they had the nerve to write me and many other bloggers about this making it seem as though we didn't care enough about our readers to research things and wonder whether they can truly what we trust them.

On June 5th I will have a big announcement. I really want to say something but I can't. All I can say is that I'm so very excited.

Before I close I would be amiss if I didn't tell you that tommorrow is Wingsday from Hooters and you can get a FREE rootbeer float from Sonics.

Here are the blog contests I entered today:

Prizes (5): $25 Domino’s gift card.

No comments: