Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Good-bye GACTE Hello Home!


Note to self: You cannot drink even one glass of wine if you are taking medication.

I woke up today with 76 trombones leading the big parade in my head and while the pounding reminded me of the mistake I made by imbibing the night before, I wondered how in the world I was going to roll out of bed and head on over to the GACTE meeting.

Obviously I am not a big drinker and never have been but one would think that one small glass of wine would not have such serious ramifications.

I turned to look at the clock in my room which caused my head to swim and my stomach to turn.

I was barely able to dart to the bathroom quick enough to audition for a part in the Philip's colon health commercial with the crazy Colon lady who wants to let you know she'll help you with bouts of gas and diarrhea.

My trips back and forth between the bed and the bathroom finally subsided after I finally had a long hot shower, a Green Tea Frappuccino from Starbucks, and some aspirin. A quick trip down to the whirlpool helped too.

Thankfully most of my packing had been done the night before and the room had been prepaid. It made checking out so much easier.

I finally ran into my boss this morning as well as my new co-worker. We were all checking out and getting ready to head on over to the Waverly for the close of the GACTE Conference.

The Conference convened with a brunch that included election results, awards, and door prizes. I did not win any prizes by the way.

Before I hit the road I stopped off at the Cheesecake Factory and ordered a BBQ Chicken salad. It's made with avocado, tomato, grilled corn, black Beans, cucumber and Romaine all tossed with their Barbeque Ranch Dressing and topped with lots of Crispy Fried onion strings.

I had planned to take this home to my husband for the two of us to share along with a slice of cheesecake. This is my one disappointment because I had ordered one kind of cheesecake and I didn't check my order before I drove home.

I arrived home about fifteen minutes before Darryl. When he arrived home I surprised him with the meal from Cheesecake Factory and that's when I realized that they gave me the WRONG kind of cheesecake. They gave me a German Chocolate Cheesecake and although it was OK but I had craved the Oreo Cookie cheesecake I'd ordered all the way home. Since I live over an hour away it's not worth it to drive all the way back.

It's good to be home though. Atlas was so glad to see me. All he could do was jump up and down on me and not allow me out of his site.

Darryl was also glad to see me and let me know that even just three days apart was difficult.

We spent some time swimming in our pool which is finally clean. Thank goodness because this has been the longest it's ever taken us to open our pool.

I feel like clicking the heels of my ruby red slippers together and reciting "There's no place like home. There's no place like home."

No comments: