Thursday, November 6, 2008

Batteries & ECBs

October 26, 2008
CVS

Darryl needed a 9V battery and it was lucky for him CVS had a special on them. If you bought $15 worth of Duracell Batteries you received $5 back. The Duracell Batteries were normally $8.50 but they were on sale for $5.99. Buying three cost me $17.97. After the $5 back they were $4.32 a pack. Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth though because I had a $1 off coupon for each of those packs bringing my price down to $3.32.

Sure I’ve bought batteries at the Dollar Store but sometimes they don’t even work or they don’t last that long. Besides I used a $5 ECB bringing my out of pocket price down further. Out of pocket I paid $1.66 a pack

Colgate Total White was also on sale. Normally it was $3.29 and it was on sale for $2.49. I had two coupons for 75 cents off bringing the price down to $1.75. I had to spend $10 to get $4 back in ecbs. Thank goodness I had another couple of coupons for $1 off a tube bringing those prices down to $1.29. Out of pocket I spent $6.08 for that portion to get $4 in ecbs. With all that math hocus pocus I actually spent 52 cents on each tube of toothpaste.

Bic Comfort3 shavers were $5.89. I had a $2 off coupon bringing the price down to $3.89. Then for buying it I get back $4 in ecbs. Free with overage tee hee.

I paid $13.73 after taxes and I received $13 in ECBs. I love CVS!

Now I’m playing the stupid card game. I bought some things with Darryl’s card and some with mine. I hate that. I used my card to buy two Diabetes meters. One was normally $79.99 on sale for $30. Of course I won’t pay $30 because I have a $30 coupon. Free, free, free. The same goes for the other diabetes meter that normally sells for $59.99. It was on sale for $30 and of course I have another $30 coupon. No ecbs but it does go towards the amount I spent this year. I’m working on getting more of my ecb money back so I bought some soy joy bars and was rewarded with $4 for the four I bought.

I also bought another bic comfort 3. I had a coupon for $2 for that one so it was the same deal I bought under Darryl’s card.

Out of pocket $4.68 I got back $8.

I’m just pretty sad right now because I found some expired ECBss in the stuff that came back from the other house.

No comments: