Saturday, November 1, 2008

I Scream For Ice Cream


Did someone say ice cream? Ok it's not like we didn't just have a bunch of ice cream at the house but Kroger had a sale on Edy's this week. It was on sale for $2.99 a carton. Shows how long it's been since I've actually bought ice cream because I was shocked to see it normally sells for $4.99. What's up with that?

I certainly appreciate the fact that Edy's has seen fit to give me a bunch of ice cream every year. That makes me pretty loyal to them as well as the fact that it tastes so very good. However, since I did have a coupon for $1 off I felt better about paying $1.99 for a carton of ice cream rather than $4.99 a carton. I bought two, the Take the Cake and the Loaded brownie. Yum.

Alpo was on sale for 60 cents instead of 61 cents big deal right? Well I did have another coupon for $1 off ten making them 50 cents a can. I kind of get that rolling back the prices feeling when I buy it for that price. Again I know some people buy the even cheaper dog food but my dogs are old and I saw first hand how bad their health can deteriorate with the wrong pet food. I also bought a bag of their dog food which is normally $9.99 but I bought it for $7.99 after the coupon.

Lean Cuisine was on sale but this time for $1.97 a box. Not as good as in the past. I had a coupon for $1 off four so it brought the price down to $1.72. I will be glad when I'm back at my new house and I can actually cook. I hate living off microwave dinners. It's been good for my waist line though. This is why I can actually eat the ice cream. Lean Cuisine has this really great meal which is ravioli with squash inside. Very tasty. Out of pocket? $54.98. Manufacturer's coupons $8. Store coupons & Kroger savings $21.76. It would have been $84.74 but I saved 35% of my bill. Awesome!

No comments: