Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saving with CVS ECBs


I've done better but I needed soda. No scratch that I am addicted to soda. Not as bad as I once was when I drank nothing but caffeinated soda but still I start to get the DT's without it. First I but Four Diet Cokes at $3.25 a 12 pack. Ugh I hate that. Except it says normally I would pay $5.49 a 12 pack (as if) Yet it's also not bad if you consider that I received a $3 ECB for buying four twelve backs. That means I get back .75 for each of the twelve packs bringing the price down to $2.50 more reasonable. Thank goodness.

Then I bought a Gillete Fusion Shaver. Darryl loves those. They were on sale for $9.99. If you think that's bad check out the refill price. It's cheaper for us to buy the razor on sale with coupons and ecbs. The coupon in question was for $2.00. Let's see subtract that from $9.99 and get $7.99. Still not done with this because I received $5.00 in ecbs making the razor only $2.99. Darryl, Michael, and Dan say this is their favorite razor and they all insist it is the best they have ever used.

You can never have enough deodorant so I bought some heavy duty lady speed stick for $6.99. Normally $7.99 because it is "Clinical Strength" I had a coupon for $2.00 bringing it down to $4.99. You know it I received $2.00 in ecbs making it $2.99. About half price.

The best deal of the day was some cover girl make up. It was buy one get one free. I also had a coupon for a FREE Cover Girl foundation when you buy one. That's two cover girl foundations free. Normally each one is $5.49. Making it an even better deal I received an ECB for $5.49 meaning they paid me to walk out with the makeup.

Colgate toothpaste was on sale 2 for $5.00. I don't know when the last time I paid full price for toothpaste. I had a coupon for $1.50 off two. This brought the price down to 2 for $3.50 or $1.75 each. Out came my new ecb for $2 off. Bringing the price down to 2 tubes of Colgate for $1.50 or 75 cents a tube.

Gillette now makes men's hair care products like shampoo and conditioner. Sort of that manly man thing going on. Anyway, they were on sale two for $9. I had a coupon for 75 cents off each one. Making it two for $7.50. The $2 ecb made them 2 for $5.50 or about $2.75 each.

When paying my bill I used $16 worth of ecb's I had received from previous purchases bringing the amount I owed to $22.47 oop. Another way of looking at it would be that I paid about $1.87 per item out of pocket. That's because I bought 12 items. There are people who do coupons better but I don't think this is a bad haul at all.

No comments: