Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Don't Post Wedding Photos If You Are Married To Someone Else




Note to self: If I meet some hot Marine or Sailor and run off to marry him without dealing with that whole messy divorce thing with current husband, DON'T post wedding photos of new husband on Facebook. Remember things posted on the internet are NOT SECRET.

In a couple of weeks I will be telling my students about internet safety and the lack of privacy on the net. My students roll their eyes because they know best but you'd be surprised at the number of people who have no earthly clue that employers routinely check people's Facebook and MySpace pages.

So it's best NOT to post photos of you smoking pot during a wet tee shirt contest or tweet, "I need me some more meth."

Sadly no one told this Cassanova to keep his "other wife" off the net.

Lynn's wedding took place in Italy in 2005, and by 2008, the couple had two children and a home in a Cleveland suburb. As a businessman with his own plane, Megan's husband traveled a lot around the country and across the world.

The wife became suspicious her husband claimed to have been in China and even brought back gifts for the kids yet his passport had been at home the entire time.

She logged on recently to a facebook account of a woman who seemed to be spending a great deal of time with her husband and saw photos from her husband's wedding with his second wife The only problem, of course was that SHE was still married to Mr. Skank businessman.

It's rubbing that salt into the wound of already finding out that my husband's having an affair," Lynn said. "The pictures are out there for the world to see. It's not just that I have the knowledge, but I see the proof and everyone I know sees the proof and people I don't know see the proof."

"If they're going to have the affair, they're going to have the affair," she said. "But it's extra. It adds impact to the hurt, when they're posting the things they post about the affair. Pictures of the vacations they're taking with the other, the lover, the extra person. (Facebook posts) just cause a whole new hurt."

No comments: