Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day Eight Of Forty Days Of Gratitude



I usually don't spend much time thinking about Darryl's Dad. He was very hateful and he lived in our home almost ten years almost the whole of our marriage. I don't know why I asked Darryl how he Dad was doing but I did ask him. He told me that he didn't know because his father never calls or reaches out to him. "I guess Dad's getting his mail now so he has no reason to call." Darryl said. I laughed and when he asked why I asked I shrugged and just wondered if he was going to be one of those old people that dies in their trailer and not found until months later.

Around 3:30 this afternoon we heard a loud bang at our door. Then we heard a knocking. "Who is that?" I asked. Low and behold it was his Dad. Out of the blue he blue telling Darryl that he had figured out how Darryl should organize his workplace. Weird. Darryl's doing so well there and has it working just fine. He stayed only a few moments and then left. It was all so very weird.

I asked his Dad how he was doing and he said that he was fine. I asked if he was happier and he told me that he was happy in our home but truthfully it never seemed that way.

Today I was watching the History International Channel and I got to watch a Haunted History about Edinburgh. We had gone on the Mary King's Close tour while we were there. I have lots of photos of our trip that I had won. It was our first and only trip to Europe.



I was able to buy another song I had wanted to buy in the past but being too cheap to do so I never did because I didn't absolutely adore it. Don't get me wrong I loved it but I actually had to adore something. I hadn't heard it in a long time but I did today so I took some of my gift card money and bought it. The song is called Under The Milky Way By: The Church. The movie came from the soundtrack of the movie Donnie Darko.

We won 60 more MyCokeRewards points from the McDonald's Monopoly game. I always love winning so I am grateful for that.

The thing I'm most grateful for is gentle tonight's gentle breeze. The temperature got up into the 80s today and that's pretty good for an October day. It wasn't hot or humid just warm. I went outside around 7 PM to throw something in the trash can because trash day is tomorrow. Just as I stepped out the door a warm breeze gently played through the air. It was the kind of breeze that I always associate with Merriweather Post Pavilion summer concerts.

I stopped and closed my eyes and allowed the breeze to caress my bare arms. I opened my eyes and stared up at the sky. It was dark save the bright North Star. I went back inside to get my husband to share the feeling. Even though he didn't seem to "get it" he put his arms around me and said, "I love you." For the breeze and his love I am grateful.

No comments: