Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day Seven of Forty Days of Gratitude




This morning I woke up around 2:00 feeling as though someone was pressing down on my chest. I am claustrophobic and in my dream I had been placed in a coffin and buried but I was alive and I Was trying desperately to get out. Just as I opened my eyes I wondered if I shouldn't have been cremated so my soul could be set free.

I glanced around the room that seemed to be bathed in moonlight. It was almost light enough to read by and I stared at the ceiling thankful that it had been just a dream. I turned to look over at my husband who was snoring almost in unison with our dog Blitz. I then curled up next to him and tried to go back to sleep.

Unfortunately for me, sleep just wouldn't come. Finally around 3:30 AM I decided to stop fighting it and go downstairs.

I began entering sweepstakes and writing blog posts for Thrifty Maven when I found this amazing story of a woman who had been pronounced brain dead. Amazingly before they began harvesting her organs they discovered that she was very much alive.

This story is so amazing I want to share it with you.



I didn't make the connection with my dream but when I told my husband about it he asked me if I had heard about this story the night before but I hadn't. I felt the coincidence was important enough to document it.

After receiving a $29 Amazon gift card I began spending it on some music downloads. I'm making a Halloween music CD so I bought the following songs for that: A Nightmare On My Street By: DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha! Haa!! By: Napoleon's Ghost, Spooky by: Atlanta Rhythm Section,

I also bought some favorites from back in the 70's and early 80's like: So Into You by Atlanta Rhythm Section, Imaginary Lover By: Atlanta Rhythm Section, I'm Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonight By: Atlanta Rhythm Section , Whatcha Gonna Do? By: Pablo Cruise, and Don't Want To Live Without It By: Pablo Cruise

I love music and I am grateful for being able to finally be able to get these songs again.

We won 90 more MyCokerewards from the McDonald's Monopoly game and that's certainly something to be grateful for.

The thing I am most grateful for today is my health. Now that might seem odd considering I didn't get enough sleep and that made me very drowsy and sick early on in the day. I was finally able to take a nap after having some Mac & Cheese for lunch. I slept for about two hours and when I woke up I felt great. I realize that some people are dealing with real illness and they can't just nap off the effects like I was able to do. So for that I truly am grateful for my health.

No comments: