Friday, October 29, 2010

Farmville Murder



Alexandra V. Tobias pleaded guilty to second-degree murder for the murder of her son.

Tobias told investigators that she shook the baby, smoked a cigarette to compose herself and then shook him again. She said the baby may have hit his head during the shaking.”

She will be sentenced in December. State guidelines call for 25 to 50 years, but a prosecutor said it could be shorter than that

Investigators say she was angered because her three month old son was crying while she was playing the game FarmVille. The baby died at the hospital from head trauma.

I mean I just don't get it. Really. I get requests for Farmville games and people giving me things from Farmville but I just ignore them and pretend I don't know what the heck it is.

When I think of things that signify "I have NO LIFE WHATSOEVER" I think of Farmville. FarmVille is a real-time farm simulation. That's right a FARM simulation. What's the matter Dancing With The Stars or Sixteen And Pregnant not on?

I'm shocked by this story but I suppose I shouldn't be. People become addicted to games as if they were heroin. We've created a society of digital dependence, and now we're reaping what we've sown.

No comments: