Saturday, August 2, 2014

Getting My Sweepstakes Mojo Back


Like quite a few other sweepers, I’ve been singing the “Dry Spell Blues”.  Most every sweeper gets them from time to time either because they are not winning at all or the prizes they are winning just aren’t what they used to be. 

I try not to let this get me down.  Over the years I’ve won some great prizes so when I hit a dry spell I remind myself that “this too shall pass” and move on.   Often what I do is take a look at not only how I’ve been entering sweeps but how I have NOT been entering some sweepstakes.  With this in mind I’ve decided to go back through some of my old issues of SweepSheet to see if I can put its tips into practice to turn this hobby around.

This week I remind myself that you have to enter to win.  The best way to put this into practice is to enter at least one sweepstakes every day using the variety of entry methods available, ie., mail, online, text messages, radio call-ins, drop box, send away for game pieces or original entry blanks, obtain game pieces, etc. 

Every day I enter about 400-500 sweeps online through Online-Sweepstakes.com.   I enter about one or two by mail.  I have been really negligent in entering text sweeps so I definitely need to do something there.  As for radio call-ins, that used to be my specialty years ago and now I no longer enter.  Perhaps I should try again. 


This means that the mission, should I accept it, will be to enter more text message sweepstakes this week than I have been entering and then report back with the results.  

No comments: