Monday, August 11, 2014

Turn The Beat Around



It appears my efforts are beginning to pay off.  Yesterday as I was leaving to work out at the gym I almost stepped on a padded envelope that had been left on my doorstep.  Inside was a CD from a group called R5.  Admittedly I have never heard of this group before I was certainly glad that it had arrived at my house.  It will go immediately into the prize closet and wind up as a birthday or Christmas gift for a relative.

Later in the day I was going through my text entries when low and behold I won a $25 Gift Card from Buffalo Wild Wings.  How great is that?

I wound up having a birthday do-over yesterday because Darryl wound up not being called into work.  I checked my morning email to see if there were any last-minute birthday freebies.  I was delighted to see that Denny's hadn't forgotten my birthday.

Denny's sent me a coupon for a FREE Grand Slam.  What is a Grand Slam?  Well a Denny's Original Grand Slam breakfast has 2 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 sausages, and 2 slices of bacon.

If you'd like you could build your own Slam.  Simply pick any FOUR items and make it your own.  Items include:  bacon strips, buttermilk biscuit, buttermilk pancakes, eggs, English muffin, grits, hash browns, oatmeal, sausage links, slices of toast, turkey bacon strips, chicken sausage patty, egg whites, hearty wheat pancakes.  

I decided to go for the Fit Slam which contains less than 550 calories.  The fit slam included egg whites with spinach, turkey bacon, seasonal fruit and English muffins leaving me plenty of room for birthday cake later in the day.

How can you get your own birthday FREEBIE from Denny's?  Simply sign up for the Denny's Reward Program and you will receive a FREE Grand Slam on your birthday with a valid ID.  The coupon is not valid with any other coupon or promotional offer.  Taxes and gratuity extra.  Not valid for alcohol.  Available at participating restaurants.

The unexpected birthday FREEBIE came from the most unexpected of places.  I received an email from Marlboro which said they had a special gift for me.  I thought it might be a printable coupon.  Instead I discovered they sent me TWO Hollywood Movies tickets to see any movie I wanted to see.

Normally I don't really care to see a movie in the theater but I really wanted to see Dinesh D'Souza's new movie "America Imagine the World Without Her."  The movie has become the Number 6 political documentary of all time surpassing Michael Moore's movie, "Capitalism:  A Love Story."  America is only the 17th non-fiction film of any kind to pass the $14 million mark.

Thankfully the movie was still playing at our local theater.  I found the movie to be exceptional.  D'Souza presented all of the current anti-American narratives out there and then systematically disproves them.

My favorite part of the movie dealt with Madam C J Walker (Sarah Breedlove)  Walker was an African-American entrepreneur and philanthropist who became the FIRST FEMALE self-made millionaire in America.  I have always admired her and made sure I covered Madam Walker in my  Business Management Class.









 

No comments: