Thursday, August 7, 2014

I Was A Bad, Bad, Girl



Note to self, taking photos for Instagram contests only count as entries if you actually post them.  For the past several days, I've had a few photos to enter into the #MyCokeRewards Beta contest but like a big dummy those photos have been sitting in my DropBox for several days without actually posting them.  This obviously does not further move my goal of winning more prizes. As any sweeper knows, "You've Gotta Play to WIN!"

The Grand Prize for the #MyCokeRewards Instagram Challenges is a trip for 4 to the Bahamas.  There are also weekly prizes and this week's prize is a gift card that may be used to purchase headphones.

Another example of good intentions gone bad happened when I went to pick up one of my birthday freebies.  I had been receiving birthday freebies all week and one of them was from Cold Stone Creamery.  I had never been there before but with the promise of a freebie I convinced Darryl to come with me to see why some folks really love the place.

My original plan was to get my ice cream, stick it in the freezer and eat a bit at a time.  I've been very good at doing this for awhile.  I was pretty sure I could follow through with this practice as I stepped through the door.

Once I walked through the door I became enthralled the theater that is Cold Stone Creamery. I ordered the Birthday Cake Remix which consists of cake batter ice cream, with rainbow sprinkles, brownie, and fudge.  Oh My!  I was amazed as they flung my ice cream down to the ice cream artist in preparation of the transformation.  One visit to Cold Stone Creamery and you'll be hooked for life!

Darryl wanted to dig right in but I was still determined not to have any until the next day.  This resolution was thwarted when the heat of the day was causing some of my ice cream to melt over the side of the cup.

Darryl encouraged me to eat the ice cream down below the top so that it wouldn't melt all over me and the car.  While this might seem to be good advice it was also the end of my promise to save it for later as I began to spoon each creamy bite into my mouth promising just one more bite after devouring yet another bite.  So much for resolutions.

The ice cream was so good and very creamy.  You can taste the quality.Service is friendly and the portions are great.  I simply loved this place and I highly recommend it.

Disclaimer:  In keeping with the FTC 16 CFR Part 255 I would like to inform you that I received no financial compensation for this post.  All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced in any way.











No comments: