Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday In The Garden



First on my list of things to do was to pick up my coffee grounds from Starbucks and my free beverage coupons. No problems today. They already had them waiting for me.

This morning Darryl and I finished planting the last of the plants. Unfortunately we still haven't planted all that we have. I still have a pack of watermellons and a pack of pumplins that have gone unopened.

We planted corn, beans, and tomatoes in the garden. Well mostly we transplanted them out of the containers that they were planted in. The weather was good for planting as there was a bit of a breeze and it was overcast as well.

I can't believe it by about 7:12 this evening I had over 1,234 visits to ThriftyMaven.com. Even better 22 new people signed up for my site. What sparked all this interest? I'd like to say it was because so many people were interested in my huge list of Memorial Day activities. Instead I was looking at the referrer and I noticed that a radio station KLOVE had linked onto my site. As a matter of fact it was the link at the top of the page.

KLOVE is a Christian radio station online. They had linked to my post about free ice cream. Actually it's a rebate form for a free rebate. I gather they seem to have a lot of listeners. How's that for exciting?

Why is it when I finally have some time to really catch up I spend most of the day working on piddly things that can wait? For example I entered codes on MyCokeRewards, then set up and Office Live Workspace, and then I spent some time cruising the net. I could have, should have, entered sweeps but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Why did I do that?

PS, At 10 pm I checked ThriftyMaven for the last time today. The view count is now 1,461. I remember being excited that was the monthly count. I also got 23 more new subscribers.

Here are the blog contests I entered today:

Prize: $50 Fancy Fortune Cookies gift certificate.

Prize: $50 Fancy Fortune Cookies gift certificate.

Prizes (5): Mod Squad: Season 2 Volume 2 DVD.

Prizes (5): Gunsmoke: The Third Season Volume 2 DVD.

Prize: Hotel for Dogs DVD.

Prize: Black three-tray Worm Factory composting system (ARV $117).

No comments: