Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Community Reaches Out

Cemetary Gate 1 Pictures, Images and Photos

Here are some updates on Andrea's funeral and plans for her to be recognized at graduation.

RHS will recognize Andrea at graduation and present her diploma to her father in place of her. That is the wish of her family and RHS will comply with that wish.

As mentioned in the Rome News Tribune, The “Andrea Garcia Fund" that has begun through Regions Bank to help defray expenses. The account number for the account is #061101375 at a Regions Bank location throughout Rome/Floyd County.

As I said before, years ago another one of my students died in a car accident and the parent was unable to deal with the unexpected expenses. Imagine, losing your child, having to bury your child, and then realizing that you have no money to bury her.

Most parents, me included, do not have their children insured. Years ago I spoke to someone who helped me calculate the odds against a child’s death and counseled me that the money I would have spend on that life insurance would be better spent in an account for my child’s college education. The fact is that odds are just that, odds. The reality of a child’s death does not factor in to the odds against that event happening. This family is dealing with something that no one should ever have to deal with, the loss of a child.

If you are reading this and want to contribute even a dollar to this family contact the Regions Bank at

www.regions.com,
Regions Bank,
1400 Turner Mccall Blvd SW,
Rome, GA 30161
(706) 295-7700

Feel free to check with the bank and the newspaper to make sure I'm not some kind of wack job scoundrel who's trying to get money in my own account. I realize that there are people who do that. I donated some money today. Not as much as I would have liked to. Not as much as I would have if my husband had a job, but every little bit counts. One of my students mentioned, "Do realize if every kid at RHS donated $1 we'd raise $1,400. That's true I said. So as you can see everything counts. Even if it's just prayers for the family and prayers for the friends and classmates she left behind.

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it? Just a couple of days ago his publicist was talking about having him in some reality show in Nevada about a brothel. The show was to be called "Cat House".

Peterson will likely be charged in the death of Kathleen Savio, who was found dead in a bathtub in her home on March 1, 2004, according to CBS2chicago.com.

Peterson has been a suspect in the disappearance of his 23-year-old wife Stacy Peterson, who vanished on Oct. 28, 2007, from her Bolingbrook, Ill., home.

In the months following Stacy Peterson's disappearance, Savio's body was exhumed and her 2004 bathtub drowning death was re-classified as a homicide.

Even as I wrote this the news announced that he has been indicted. Thank God. Thank God.

Now here's the news about ThriftyMaven. I expected a huge drop in views after yesterday. At one point it showed I got over 1,400 views. I figured I might get 15 people. When I woke up I noticed that there were hours where no one was coming to the site. Then just as I went to work I noticed a little upturn. Some 697 people came by the site over the last 24 hours. I also got 29 new subscribers. AMAZING. I wonder if I could get more viewers to this blog. Probably not. Still I am pretty excited. I also noticed that I'm getting some people from twitter and from digg. Yipee.

Here are the blog contests I entered today:

Prize: $50 Fancy Fortune Cookies gift certificate.

Prize: Bride Wars DVD and $25 Paper Shouts gift certificate.

Prize: Bride Wars DVD and $25 Paper Shouts gift certificate.

Prize: One-year supply of all small & mighty, The Apprentice Season One DVD, autographed photo of Donald Trump and You're Fired! promotional items.

Prize: Dell Inspiron Mini 9 Netbook (ARV $299).

Prize: $25 Paper Shouts gift certificate and Bride Wars DVD.

Prize: $25 Paper Shouts gift certificate and Bride Wars DVD (ARV $54.98).

Prizes (3): Romano's Macaroni Grill What's For Dinner gift basket with Creamy Basil Parmesan Chicken Pasta variety sample, three Romano's Macaroni Grill Restaurant Favorites free product coupons, colander, serving spoon and cheese grater.

No comments: