Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Winner of A Day




Yesterday accidentally turned into a very lucky day for me. I was disappointed that I couldn't go to KFC because the whole Oprah coupon deal fell through. We still have $6 on my Pizza Hut card so I knew I had at least one more inexpensive meal out.

When I got home Darryl asked if I wanted to go to Stevie B's. I was already in a good mood because Mike had sent me the flowers so I said sure. Usually I hate eating if I'm the only one eating. I figured I would go because I knew it wouldn't cost us anything. It was Teacher Appreciation Week at Stevie B's. What neither of us knew was that B98.5 radio station was there.

I noticed that they were giving things away so I walked over to register. I was given a FREE T-shirt and I was pretty happy with that. For a long time there I was collecting radio station t-shirts from various places that I had lived. I was fine with that. FREE pizza buffet and a t-shirt, who could ask for more?

I tried their new chicken hot wings pizza because Darryl liked it and it was pretty good. The DJ's were having a few giveaways and someone won a pizza party for ten for a trivia contest. Someone won a year's worth of Stevie B's. Then the last draw of the day happened. It was another Year's worth of pizza at Stevie B's. Well guess who won? I did what I always do which is to crumple my entry and then flatten it out a bit.

So now every month, for twelve months, I get a free pizza buffet from Stevie B's. Thanks I needed that.

Georgia police believe they may have found the body of the wanted UGA Professor George Zinkhan. Police in Georgia say they have found a body near the site where a Jeep belonging to a fugitive professor, suspect in a triple homicide, was found. Local reports suggested the body was that of the professor. I honestly figured that this is how the story would turn out.

I chose a winner for my Thrifty Maven Blog contest and we had 435 people come to my site today. Most were coming to check out what to do with Mom for Mother's Day.

Here are the blog contests I entered today:

Prize: Creative Vado HD pocket video camera.

Prize: Fountain Jet soda lover's start-up kit (ARV $99.99).

Prize: Fountain Jet soda lover's start-up kit (ARV $99.99).

Prize: HP Mini 1000 XP Edition (ARV $469.99).

Prizes (3): Romano's Macaroni Grill What's For Dinner gift basket with Creamy Basil Parmesan Chicken Pasta variety sample, three Romano's Macaroni Grill Restaurant Favorites free product coupons, colander, serving spoon and cheese grater.

Prizes (2): $25 Kroger gift card.

No comments: