Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Atlanta Home Show

Couple in the kitchen

Today we went to the Atlanta Home Show. Honestly I when I received the ValPack and saw the contest I KNEW if I entered I would win tickets to the show. I hadn't been to a home show for a few years so I was curious how this one would be. The last one I went to was in Rome and that one was very small. The one before that was in Richmond, Virginia. This one was about as big as the one in Richmond. There seemed to be a lot of exhibitors but nothing I could really use. We did find someone who sold books on growing veggies and fruits in Georgia. Darryl and his Dad said I should keep track of everything I do to the garden so we can see how successful it is.

After the show Darryl's Dad took us out for an amazing dinner at the Marrietta Dinner. I didn't know what to expect but I had their butternut squash ravioli with creamy pesto sauce and it was amazing. Darryl had this perrogi dish with chicken, spinich, peppers, and mushrooms in a creamy sauce and oh my it was sooooo good.

I worked on the garden a little more. That's because I stopped off at the local starbucks to ask for used coffee grounds. I used them in the remaining pots and lightly watered all the pots again. The lady behind the counter was nervous about giving me the grounds because she said someone told her that he wanted all the grounds no matter what for his garden. They gave it to me anyway.

Some more good news about the garden, we might be able to borrow a tiller. Is that great or what. That means I will be able to plant some corn and stuff. I'm so excited. We bought my favorite corn in the whole world, Silver Queen Corn and my mouth almost waters thinking about how great that is. Corn in the stores is always so small and never sweet. I miss that. Silver Queen corn is like candy. I can hardly wait until thes veggies start coming up.

Here are the blog contests I entered:

Prizes (5): Copy of The Engine 2 Diet: The Texas Firefighter's 28-Day Save-Your-Life Plan that Lowers Cholesterol and Burns Away the Pounds by Rip Esselstyn.

Prize: $35 Sweet Boutique gift certificate.

Prizes (2): Copy of Three Times the Love: Finding Answers and Hope for Our Triplets with Autism by Lynn and Randy Gaston.

Prize: Pet bed with two slipcovers and cushion saver in choice of size and pattern from petLINENS.

Prizes (2): Workout: Pumping House 2-CD set.

Prizes (3): Spa Break gift basket with Fiber One Chocolate Mocha Chewy Bars free product coupon, bath pillow, chocolate scented soap, lotion and bath salts and coffee scented candle.

Prize: Two JCPenney canvas tote bags.

Prize: Kimochi Plush Doll of your choice.

No comments: