Monday, March 23, 2009

Checking Off The Tick list

Photobucket

The first thing on my tick list was to get my eyes checked. Thankfully I still have vision insurance. I used it while I still can because who knows what I will have next year. My vision hasn't really changed that much but I took my new information and ordered my glasses from eyebuydirect. I won a pair a few weeks ago and I can't wait to see how these turn out. I ordered the cheapest frames, the progressive lenses, and anti-glare, anti-scratch lenses. I was able to get the whole thing down below $100 so even the shipping would be covered. Yippeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The second thing on my tick list was to go to CVS. I was able to use a coupon from my thriftymaven site (it will be there tommorrow) that allows me to buy two 12-packs and get one free. I used that and a $2.99 ecb so I was able to buy three 12-packs for only $4.59. I also earned a $2 ecb for another day.

The next thing I checked off my list was getting an oil change. I was able to negotiate the price down to $22.97. Who knew I could do that. Darryl told me to try to force the situation so I did and they were so desperate for my business they agreed to do just that.

After all that I went home so Darryl and I could go to Euharlee to check out the next Dallas DVD. We didn't have one in the house all last week. I'm looking forward to watching it again soon. The area around the library there is really pretty but in the near distance you can see the cooling towers of the power company. So basically you could go to the covered bridge, picnic by the fresh running stream but if you looked up you'd see the cooling towers looming very large and very near. What a shame.

After listening to the weather report for later this week I decided not to water my plants today. It's supposed to rain on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday so I think that will more than make up not getting watered today.

The blog contest I entered today:

Prizes (2): Copies of A Rotten Person Travels the Caribbean and Cruise Confidential (ARV $30).

Win a special edition 3-Disc combo pack of Disney's latest animated feature 'Bolt' on Blu-ray!


The Kodak photo frame has a 7.6" AMOLED display, 800x480 resolution and a contrast ratio of 30,000:1 (made by CMEL). It has built-in Wi-Fi, 2GB of storage and accepts USB drives or memory cards. It's a great looking display - the best place to showcase your photos!

Pentax OptioE30 7.1MP Digital Camera with Bonus Kit

Baker’s choice cupcake from Bangerang

Prize: Autographed hardcover copy of City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments) by Cassandra Clare.

Prize: Twilight Blu-ray.

Prize: Spectacular! DVD and soundtrack CD.

Prize: Windex Outdoor All-In-One starter kit.

Prizes (5): Copy of Mrs. Meyer's Clean Home.

Prizes (10): Arm & Hammer gift basket.

Prize: Windex Outdoor All-In-One kit.

Prizes (3): Disneynature Earth-branded canvas tote, biodegradable tumbler and tree seedling (ARV $60).

Prize: Lunchbox filled with 24 individually wrapped cookies from Pacific Cookie Co.

Prize: Audiovox Homebase digital picture frame, message board and magnet strip (ARV $115).

Prize: Purex Laundry Detergent and Fabric Softener.

Prize: Two bottles of Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce (ARV $16).

No comments: