Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Final Move Is Tommorrow

Moving in

Darryl and his Dad have been working hard on the move all week. I go to work, come home, and more of it is done. I was going to go over to the other house today but I had car problems. The radiator light came on when I was almost home so I pulled over at the BoJangles and called Darryl to come help me.

I woke up at 5 a.m and felt as though I was pregnant. Just the thought of eating caused me to want to throw up. I felt dizzy and when my head hit the pillow I said, "I'll just close my eyes for a few seconds." Fortunately I was able to wake back up by 6:30. I'm feeling better today than I have in awhile. Even yesterday I felt sick with a bad headache but that extra bit of slip really seemed to improve things for me.

About a hundred people have entered the contest I'm sponsoring on ThriftyMaven. I can hardly believe it. I'm hoping this will be the first of many sponsored contests. I've been working hard on that site. As a matter of fact yesterday I posted an article about a program that provides cell phones for people in financial trouble and next week I will be publishing a post about a service for people who need an eye exam but have lost their insurance.

All this week I've been listening to the book 'Tis by Frank McCourt. I read his book Angela's Ashes a couple of years ago. This one is not as depressing. I know some people who talked about how they just couldn't imagine people living like he did when he was young. I guess because I grew up pretty poor it wasn't as difficult for me to imagine. 'Tis talks about his time in the Army, how he went to college and how he's teaching English at a Vocational High School. Sounds like things haven't changed as much as I thought. People wrote off vocational students even back then.

Blog Contests:

Win a Method Prize Pack: Lavender Dishwashing Soap, Sweet Water Hand Soap
Cucumber Wipes and Grapefruit Dishwasher Tablets


Prizes (10): Twilight DVD.

Prizes (4): Copy of Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Home (ARV $19.99).

Prize: Bratz Magic Hair Grow and Cut doll (ARV $27.99).

Bratz Kidz Snap-On Swimming Mermaid Giveaway

No comments: