Sunday, March 1, 2009

Let It Snow Let It Snow Let It Snow

Forest in winter

Honestly, Darryl and I really ignored the predictions of snow for today. Snow in Atlanta. Yeah right. They want snow? Heck I'm through with it. I moved away from snow. Try driving in it and you won't be so very happy about it.

I woke up this morning to a fine mist with a cold breeze. Not a good sign but I still didn't think I'd see any snow. By the time Darryl and I got to the store to do our grocery shopping it began sleeting. By the time we exited the store there was a layer of snowy slush on my windshield.

I'll admit it. I actually got a a little excited. Oh Yeah if this keeps up I'll be off from school tomorrow. The wind began to pick up and so did the snow. We watched it fall from our kitchen window as we ate lunch. At times it was coming down. The harsh winds were full of big, thick, wet flakes. The wind would die down and the snow would seem to have tapered off. Mother Nature couldn't make up her mind. Should it snow? Should it rain? Should it just be windy? Finally just before 3 in the afternoon the snow stopped. The wind has been fierce though. At times the large trees in the back almost seem to bend in half. The wind dies down for awhile and then picks back up.

I am excited about a great deal I got at CVS. I was able to buy some perfume scents that regularly sell for $19.99 for $1.99. I bought a gift set of White Diamonds and Elizabeth Arden Red Door.

I found out that an OLS member won the M&M essay contest. Wow $10,000. I'm glad for her. I would have loved to win it but I think it's great that she won because she wanted to do something with her own son. How great!!!

Since every single Dallas DVD was checked out we weren't able to watch any Dallas this weekend. Right now I'm watching Meerkat Manner Season Four. It's pretty interesting. I never saw the show before but I have seen Meerkats at the zoo.

Here are the blog contests I entered:

Prizes (5): Can of Batter Blaster.

Prize: Copy of Where the Sidewalk Ends 25th Anniversary Edition by Shel Silversteen and Where the Sidewalk Ends CD.

Prizes (2): Erin Baker's Wholesome Baked Goods prize pack.

Prize: Copy of Internet Dating Is Not Like Ordering a Pizza by Cherie Burbach.

Prizes (3): TurboTax Premier software bundle (ARV $85).

Prize: Pair of glasses from EyeBuyDirect.com

Good luck to you all and I hope you win something great.

No comments: