Thursday, March 5, 2009

Gun Found At Woodstock High

Woman Signing Contract

Contracts came out today. The second I got mine I signed it and hand delievered it to the principal's secretary. I can't afford to play the game I played last year. I waited hoping to get a job closer to our new home in Acworth. Looking back, God was watching out for me. I had a job interview just as school began in Rome. I had tried to find a job in either Cherokee County or Paulding County and I couldn't seem to get an interview.

Now I realize how lucky I was I didn't get on at another school. I have a job in Rome, as well as some seniority. Thank God. Something happened today to make me even happier that I didn't get a job at another school. You see, last summer I tried to get a job at Woodstock High School. I heard that it would be a better situation for me. It would be closer to home and a chance to start fresh at a new school. Usually after five years I leave a school. Now here I am, year seven and I just signed on for year eight.

Just days before I started back at Rome, Woodstock called me to come for an interview. I'm sorry, I got kind of nasty with them. I reminded them that I'd called them quite a few times before I signed my contract with Rome. Then they wanted me to throw that contract back in my schools face. So not cool.

What happened? According to the news two Woodstock High School students were charged Thursday after police got a tip that led to the discovery of an unloaded handgun in a restroom at the Cherokee County school, along with two assault rifles at one of the students’ homes. A third student was questioned by police and released.

One of the students taken into custody, Forrest Busby, 17, faces numerous charges related to weapons, as well as for growing pot in a closet at his home. Busby admitted putting the gun in the Woodstock High restroom, police said. He is being held in the Cherokee Adult Detention Center on $20,000 bond.

The other, a 15-year-old who was not identified, is charged with being party to possession of a weapon on school grounds; three counts of theft by taking; being a runaway; and disrupting a public school. He is being held at the Paulding Juvenile Detention Center.

The third student, 16, was questioned but not charged, police said

As a teacher, I can tell you that lockdowns can be very stressful. I've been through quite a few over the years and all I can say is I'm glad that it was all handled without anyone getting hurt or God forbid, killed.

I heard from my son Michael today. I'm thrilled to know he arrived safely. I love him so very much. I'm working on writing a tribute to him.

Once again I worked on some entries for Thrifty Maven. There's some good freebies coming up and I'm working hard to make the articles for my series on finding a job useful.

I found out I won a bottle of Country Bob's bbq Sauce. Darryl and I tried it before and we liked it. It's kind of pricey but we got the first bottle free and now we will get another free bottle.

Even my students are starting to win. I told them about blingo, winzy, and swag bucks. In the past five days two of my students have won. One of them one $100 and the other won $500 pretty awsome

Here are the blog contests I entered today:

Prizes (5): Copy of The Perfect Baby Handbook

Prizes (4): Pizza Hut Tuscani Lasagna order.

The winner will receive a coupon for a FREE Guiltless Grill entree at Chili's

Contest: Win a $259 Ruby Necklace from DiamondShark!

Prize: Keurig Platinum Home Brewing System and assortment of K-Cups (ARV $169.95).

Prize: Hasbro Family Game Night video game for Nintendo Wii.

Prize: Shaklee Get Clean Starter Kit (ARV $176).

Prizes (3): Freshwater pearl bracelet.

Prizes:
- Copy of Welcome Home by Steve Lorch.
- Copy of Our Lifeship: A Study in Proverbs for Women by Lynn Wallace


Prize: Bottle of Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce.

No comments: