Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside

The Weather Channel threatened us with ice and snow flurries. I told the kids to go home and think snow last night. I put some of that book the Secret to work but it failed to produce any results. Then again, perhaps the kids forgot to do their homework or the dog ate their homework. You see although it was very chilly this morning there was not a speck of snow on the ground. Ah the good old days back up in Maryland where there was a lot of snow and you got the day off. I can’t cry too much though because we will get a couple of days off for Valentine’s Day to make up for the fact that we haven’t taken any snow days.

Speaking of snow days back in Maryland, I see that my birthplace, DC has passed a mandate requiring that drivers clean the ice from their car. You receive a citation but no fine if you fail to do so. The law takes effect immediately and will be in place for 90 days.

I received an interesting call today from someone at Kroger. She said she received my letter and she checked out my blog. She is sending it on to others. I told her about my idea about doing a series of blogs about shopping at Kroger. She's going to send me the information about who to speak to, now that's exciting. Wish me luck

I received a winning email today. I won Daily Prize: Tower of Treats (ARV $39.95).

Here are the blog contests I've entered today:

Win yummy Valentines day cookies for you or a loved one! The Cookie Boutique's cookies aren't only yummy, they are pretty!

Win a 32ct. box of chocolate bon bons from Pikes Peak Bon Bons! Just in time for Valentine's Day.

win a valentine dog bandana

Prize: Product Red iPod Nano and two SOAPnet/ABC Hot Guys calendars.

Prizes (2): Valentine's Day box of dark and "milk" chocolate hearts.

Prize: Set of cupcake charms

Prize: Shea Whipp and Cupcake Soap.

Prize: Copy of Angels in the ER by Dr. Robert Lesslie, M.D.

5 Winners will each get the new Strawberry Shortcake DVD.

No comments: