Thursday, February 5, 2009

Being Thankful For What I’ve Got

Thinkstock Single Image Set


I spoke to the kids today about my trip to Kroger and how well they treated me there. I told them how I wrote a letter of praise to the store manager, the district manager, and on my ThriftyMaven blog. Then I told them that I felt guilty that I had neglected to tell them what a wonderful group of students I have been teaching this year. I am so impressed by 98 percent of them. Many of them are respectful and hardworking. I told them so and you should have seen how surprised many of them were that I shared with them my gratitude for making my days at Rome High School a genuine joy. This is not to say that there aren’t kids that get on my very last nerve or days that I wish would hurry up and end, but for the most part this year has been very good. I told the kids that I was so pleased with them and so proud of them and I thanked them very much for being so awesome.

You should have seen how amazed they look. They looked as though no one had ever said that to them. Perhaps they haven’t. I’m glad I did. Really it was kind of funny because a couple of classes broke out in applause. I wasn’t looking for that but I did feel good about telling them. I picked a good day for it too because it was progress report days. I told them that when they show their parents their report cards the parent might see a page full of A’s but will focus on the one F they received. I told them that every now and then we should try to find something good to say to others because we all need it so desperately.


Prize: $20 Baby Cakes Online Bakery gift certificate.

Prize: $25 gas card.

Prize: $50 gas card.

Prize: Polka Dot Heart box with 16 chocolate bon bons

Prize: $25 gas card.

Prize: $25 gas card.

Prize: $25 gas card.

Prize: $25 gas card.

Prize: Package of assorted coupons

No comments: