Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I’m High On Valentine’s Day

Photobucket

Let me tell you I can’t think of a better Valentine’s Day. I thought last year was awesome but this one tops that one. Last year I won a Vermont Teddy Bear so I ordered the Fairy Tale Princess Bear. I also won $50 worth of flowers from 1800Flowers. Really I thought I was living high off the hog. A teddy bear, flowers, and all we had to pay for then was dinner out at TGIFridays. TGIFridays was having a special dinner price which included an appetizer, dinner, and dessert. Wow. I felt I was really spoiled and I felt good about not breaking the bank.

This year is shaping up to be even better. Darryl and I have a challenge going on at ThriftyMaven.com to see how inexpensively we can celebrate Valentine’s Day. This year neither 1800Flowers nor ProFlowers were having video contests or essay contests. So I said, “I guess this Valentine’s Day will be a lot less Wow.” I wasn’t disappointed because I figured even if we just went out to dinner it would be great.

Then the Valentine’s Day wins started coming in. First I won a Tower of Treats, then a stuffed Koala Bear, then a $50 gift certificate to Carabba’s for dinner, then last night I won a $70 gift card to ProFlowers. How wonderful. I’ve been sweating this whole win a vows renewal contest because I thought that way I’d get the food and music all at once but I’m kind of getting over the fact I might not have won. Then I received a call from the AJC. Turns out I won Valentine's Day at the High February 14, 2009, 6-10 p.m. It’s normally $25 per person, $40 per couple. Free for members.

Here’s what’s going to go on there:

LOVE. ART. Valentine's Day at the High, 6 to 10 p.m. Pamper your valentine with an evening filled with music, dance, poetry, and more!

Expand your experience with Fanfare: A Musical Feast at the Woodruff Arts Center. Learn more about this 3-course dinner here.

MUSIC
Romantic Flute and saxophone provided by Richard Jones and Guitar music presented by Steve Dwiggins of Gentle Rain Productions.

Latin rhythms by Orquesta Lyrica, featuring Enrique Mercado and musicians from Puerto Rico, Colombia, and Venezuela.

DANCE
Learn a sultry tango or sexy salsa from Audi Lopez-Rice of Mezcolanza Dance Company.

INSPIRE
Take a self-guided "love and romance" gallery tour or visit The First Emperor: China’s Terracotta Army and The Louvre and the Masterpiece.

PAMPER
Complimentary chair massages and hand parafin dips provided by Ecotage Spa & Salon from Macy's Lenox Square. Register on-site to win an exclusive spa package.

INDULGE
Valentine's Day Book recommendation: Chinese Love Poetry by Jane Portal and Qu Lei Lei, available for purchase in the Museum Shop.

SPLURGE Enjoy a complimentary flower provided by one of our own Terracotta Warriors!

Drinks, hors d'oeuvres and desserts available for purchase.

So imagine this, I get a massage, a hand paraffin dip, AND dancing lessons in addition to all this other stuff. WOWWWWWWWEEEEEE. This is the best Valentine’s Day ever. I know I said last year couldn’t be topped but this year is over the top. Just plain over the top with how wonderful it will be. Best of all it’s ALL FREE.

3 comments:

silverhartgirl said...

That is great hope you have a great valentines day. I also won a $70 gift card to ProFlowers.

Princess Golden Hair said...

Wow congrats to you. Have you ordered your flowers yet? The code has to be used before early March. I ordered mine and I think they will be beautiful.

Happy Valentine's Day to you!!!!!!!!!!

silverhartgirl said...

Yes I ordered mine today . One for my aunt and one for us. I had the card list all my kids and hubby from me.
Happy valentines day to you too.