Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Chance to Go Back and Do It Over

Photobucket

I don’t listen to much Country. This is not an assement of that genre just a statement. There are some Country songs and artists I really love. So forgive me if I don’t get this exactly right. It’s my understanding that Montgomery Gentry has a song called “Back When I Knew It All”. Although I’ve never heard the song, I understand the chorus says: “Lord I’m learning so much more than back when I knew it all,”

I guess that’s why the University of Phoenix has partnered up with Montgomery Gentry on a contest giving away a scholarship to the University of Phoenix. Since I’ve already paid my dues to the College of Hard Knocks I took an interest in this contest. At my local radio station you have to tell them in 500 words or less, what you would do with the chance to go back and do it over. You may be granted a scholarship from the University of Phoenix to further your education and change your life.

Here are some stations offering this contest:


http://www.wkhx.com/customform.asp?id=41832&view=scheduled


http://wogt.com/customform.asp?id=41832&view=scheduled

http://www.catcountry951.com/Article.asp?id=1101059&spid=26504

http://98kqfc.com/customform.asp?id=41832&view=scheduled

I would love to go back to college and get my Masters Degree. I would like to be certified as a Special Education teacher. So I took a chance and wrote my essay. Wish me luck.

You can only enter once per person and the winner will be selected after reading all the winners. I wish I had read that because I thought it was one person per station. As always I should read the rules first but I seldom do. You know now so good luck to you.

Crazy stuff going on in DC— A man who drove a pickup truck to the U.S. Capitol and said he had a delivery for President Barack Obama has been arrested after a rifle was found in the truck, police said.

On the positive side I see that Stump became the oldest best in show winner ever at the Westminster Kennel Club, coming out of retirement only last week and walking off with the top prize Tuesday night.. He is ten years old. Guess my little dog is walking (or hobbling) with a bit more pride. One of my co-workers and I joke that in our “next lives” we will come back as pampered pure-bred pups. I see satin pillows and color bling in my future. I joked with her this morning that there’s hope for us yet. Even more interesting about this win is that Sump almost died in 2004 from a medical condition, saved by the vets at Texas A&M. Guess there’s hope for us all.

Speaking of my co-worker, Diane, she brought me a card that says: “May God grant you the blessing of his care and love.” Then she wrote. Thank you for being such a good friend. You always brighten my day and help to lift my spirit. There is no special reason for this card other than to say thank you and to let you know you are in my prayers.” Now that’s an entry in a gratitude journal.

She also gave me an award that says:

Elvis sang, “You ain’t nothing but a hound dog. (But then he didn’t know Us!) We are the Pampered Puppy Princesses!!!!. How really cute.

Darryl called me during 5th period and I couldn’t answer the phone. When I received his message, he said call me back right away. I did. He said he received a call from Q100. He was nervous because he thought that was about one of the essays I wrote for the Fish. I was so excited. I was hoping that meant that we were in for the wedding renewal. That contest did say one entry per person and so I wrote one entry for me and Darryl wrote one too. Then I realized that wasn’t it. I looked and it turns out it’s dinner for two at the Medieval Times.

OMG. I have always wanted to go there. Years ago, when I won a trip to Disney and took the boys, I had hoped to take them to the one there. I just couldn’t afford it. Now I am going to go and I’m thrilled. It’s like a big whoopee do thing. I can hardly believe it.

No comments: