Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blog contest experiment is back in gear

Today I came home to discover I won the Unstable FABLES: The Goldilocks and the 3 Bears Show from a regular sweepstakes. Part of the prizes was a sign sleeve for the DVD. It was signed by Jamie Lynn Spears. It's a little crinkled and has a paper cut to the side. (I never say big or little because one persons big is another person's little). I wonder if people would even want a signed item if it's on a slightly damaged item.

I also began my own blog contest. This is all new to me and it's an experiment in itself. Are people really interested in winning such a small item? Will people actually visit my site because I'm having a contest? I'm actually running this blog contest simultanteously with on one ThriftyMaven.com. Fingers crossed that this goes well. I want to be able to tell my students about it. I hope to get them blogging because I think that will help their writing skills.

So I decided to start doing blogs sweepstakes as I catch up with my other sweepstakes. Here's some I entered:

Air-Porter luggage oraganizer and carrier

Prize: Two 35ct. Lysol 4 in 1 wipes containers.

Prize: Crocheted hat from Crocheted Little Things

Prize: Crocheted hat from Crocheted Little Things

Prize: 3-pack of Valentine knit and felt purse patterns

A Love Quilt It measures 10"x10", is quilted, raw-appliqued, embroidered, sewn, binded, and ready for display. Drape it over a 70's cone-head baby... frame it in a 12x12... hang it on the wall... gift it... use it as a tea pot coaster


Two winners will each receive an Oh My Greetings unique and original handmade Valentine's Day card. One card is red and one is black, and both would be appropriate for a man or woman.

No comments: