Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sparks Fly

Thinkstock Single Image Set

Yesterday when I was checking the kids work from their computers I was surprised when I saw a big blue flash out of the corner of my eye. One of the kids was pushing her chair out and it hit the socket. The spark scorched the metal plate but thank God no one was hurt.

I put in a work order, let two assistant principals know of the danger, and filled out a work requisition. Today no one had come out to fix it and it happened again. This time it part of the plug actually melted. I went back up to show them the damage done. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll get it fixed tommorrow.

The economy and the massive job losses have claimed more victims. A man in Los Angeles killed his wife and his wife and five kids after he was fired from his job. Police said the child victims were an 8-year-old girl, twin 5-year-old girls and twin 2-year-old boys.These are frightening times.

In October, a 45-year-old unemployed financial manager despairing over extreme money problems shot and killed his wife, three children, mother-in-law and himself in their home in the Porter Ranch area of the San Fernando Valley.

As far Darryl's job search, we haven't heard anything. He's been sending out resumes but so far no call for interviews. We think his former employer, Trinity Rail will be closing their plant here in Cartersville soon. I guess I'm lucky that I'm a teacher. All these lay offs are very frightening.

I didn't get a chance to work on any essay contests. We have to finish off those Dallas shows so we can return the DVD to the library this weekend. It's kind of interesting watching these shows now, looking at the clothes, the hair, the cars. and such. These were all characters that I'd heard about even though I never watched an episode before. I had an idea about who was good and who was bad but the characters are very one dimensional and shallow. Tonight we met the middle brother, Charlene Tilton's father.

I'm still entering some blog contests:

Prizes (3): Fireproof DVD.

Prize: Five POM Juice product coupons and five POM Tea product coupons.

Prize: Kodak EasyShare M893 IS digital camera (ARV $149.95).

No comments: