Sunday, January 18, 2009

You're Gonna Make It After All

Woman Watching Television

This morning I went grocery shopping with Darryl. It was raining a bit but at least the roads weren't slippery. Once I was back and the food was put away I began watching a Mary Tyler Moore Marathon. I watch the entire first season. I can still remember the theme song and one time, years ago, I threw my hat up in the air when I lived in DC like Mary did in the intro. It was a pretty unique show back then and it's interesting to watch it knowing how life has changed for women over the years.

As of this moment I still haven't heard from those people who said they were going to buy our home. They are getting one hell of a deal. It's being sold at about 40% of what we paid for it. I've just been crying about the whole thing. We will be moving back to the house in Cartersville. I never liked that house and we bought it because Darryl wanted that one. He needed the room in the barn.

Tonight we draw the name for our winners, one winner here and two on the thrifty maven blog. I feel badly because I came back to my site today and see that someone entered a contest that I'm not hosting by posting on my blog. I posted about the contest because I was trying to get a second entry in that person's blog contest.

While I watched the Mary Tyler Moore show I entered blog contests. Here is a list of the ones I entered.


Prizes (2): Welcome Baby Bag

Prize: Apron from The Hip Hostess.

Prize: Box of personalized My Fruit Roll-ups

Prize: Sheet of 20 PhotoStamps

Prize: Pillsbury pie kit

Prize: Space Buddies DVD & 3 Plush Buddies

Prize: Football, beverage pail, snack helmet, two key chains, two hats, two t-shirts, five Pepsi 24-pack coupons, and five Frito Lay coupons

Prizes (2): Elmo Loves You DVD

Prize: Loquat Rooftop CD.

Prize: Nickelback: Live at Sturgis 2006 DVD.

Prize: Football, beverage pail, snack helmet, two key chains, two hats, two t-shirts, five Pepsi 24-pack coupons, and five Frito Lay coupons

Prize: Football, beverage pail, snack helmet, two key chains, two hats, two t-shirts, five Pepsi 24-pack coupons, and five Frito Lay coupons

Prizes (5): Meerkat Manor Season 4: The Next Generation DVD

Prize: Pace Game Day Party Pack with We're #1 foam fingers, squeezable footballs, tabletop football set, football balloons, referee drink holders, Pace's 60th anniversary cook book and Pace Picante Sauce, Pace Thick & Chunky Salsa, Pace Pineapple Mango Chipotle Salsa and Pace Black Bean & Roasted Corn Salsa

Prize: Football, beverage pail, snack helmet, two key chains, two hats, two t-shirts, five Pepsi 24-pack coupons, and five Frito Lay coupons

Prize: Coupon for a free photo album from CVS.

No comments: