Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bora Bora

Photobucket
I wrote an essay today for the following contest.

Conde Nast - Brides Mile-High Honeymoon Suite Contest

Prize: 2-night trip for two to New York City, NY, on January 26-28, 2009; includes 1-night stay at a sponsor-selected hotel and 1-night stay in the Brides Mile High Honeymoon Suite at Top of the Rock AND 6-night trip for two to the Four Seasons Resort in Bora Bora; includes business class airfare from New York or Los Angeles, shark and ray feeding excursion, and motu picnic (ARV $20,000).

No clue if it went through because the site says done but in the url it says error. I resubmitted it and I got a thank you so who knows. Either they received it once or they received it twice.

I still don't have my car back. That's OK because I'd rather know that the breaks work then to have it without working breaks. The bad part is that I have to get Darryl to drive me to work tomorrow. I say bad because I had a heck of a time waking him up this morning.

I had to get him up to take me to Kroger. We bought two of those white spiral outdoor Christmas trees for $6 a piece. We bought a lot of salad to eat with dinner this week. After Kroger I had him take me to CVS. I will write what I bought there tomorrow and put it in my Thrifty Maven blog. I'm really trying with that thing. I keep posting things I think people might be interested in like recalls, recipes, coupons, etc. and I haven't even had one visitor. How sad.

Another gray day. It was a good day to get caught up on sweeps. These are the blog sweeps I entered.

Prize: Prince of Persia video game for Playstation 3

Prize: Flipper toothbrush holder.

Prize: Kaboost chair booster.

Prize: Liv Self Breast-Examination Kit, Olivia Newton-John and Friends: A Celebration in Song CD, and copy of From the Heart: Eight Rules to Live By by Robin Roberts

Prizes (3): Envirosax Botanica Bag

Prize: Activewear piece from SlimPerfect.

Prize: Littlest Pet Shop Pet Pair.

Prize: Pedi-Relax prize pack

Prize: Advanced reading copy of Rock Bottom by Michael Shilling

Prize: Advanced reading copy of Love and Other Natural Disasters: A Novel by Holly Shumas

Prize: Winner's choice of Hip-T.

Prizes (5): iKids Play Applications for the iPod.

Prize: Hardcover copy of The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory.

No comments: