Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Day

Holidays & Occasions

Today's a great day. My son Michael came by to see me on his way to see his girlfriend. I gave him the computer I won for him and he was so very excited. I know I was thrilled too. We went out for lunch at Five Guys. I've never been there before but it really was very good.

After Mike left, Darryl and I went to Barnes and Nobel where I spent $20 of my gift card money. I bought Dave Ramsey's book "The Total Money Makeover". Then we went to the mall where I bought three boxes of Wallflowers because they were on sale for $5. I like them and I should have enough in the house for the rest of the year.

The progressive dinner last night was awsome. Our first stop was for appetizers and drinks. We'd been to their house this past summer when they held a party this summer. She has such a beautiful home and she's a great cook. We stayed there for two hours and then it was up the hill closer to our house. There we had dinner. They had lasagna, chili pie, salad, and rolls. Very tasty. I almost passed out at one point, not because I was drunk but because I felt so dizzy from the heat and all the people in the room. The high points were that we met out new neighbors. We also found a lot of people who were very supportive of us even offering helping us to look for a job.

I saw an interesting essay contest but I'm not quite sure what the winner really gets.

Dare to Be… invites women and girls of all ages to participate in the 1st Dare to Dream Contest.
We all have dreams, now it is time to share them! Believe in yourself and let us help you in making your dreams come true!
All it takes is a written submission of 500 words or less telling us:
Who you are.
What your greatest dream is.
How you are making a difference in your family, school, community or world.

I also saw that HGTV's contest started. Good luck on that one. Everyone I know enters it.

Here are the blog sweeps I entered today:

Prize: Red Lucia bra and panty set from The Little Bra Company

Prize: $10 Starbucks gift card.

Prize: Copy of Dining on a Dime Cook Book: 1000 Money Saving Recipes and Tips by Tawra Jean Kellam and Jill Cooper

Prize: Copy of Dining on a Dime Cook Book: 1000 Money Saving Recipes and Tips by Tawra Jean Kellam and Jill Cooper

Prize: Choice of any book up to $15.

Package of 3 Disney Princess DVDs: 1) Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams; 2) The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea; 3) Sleeping Beauty, 2-Disc Platinum Edition (50th Anniversary).

Prize: $25 Save-a-Lot gift card

Prize: SmartShopper automated grocery list organizer.

Carseat Blanket by Carseat Blankie. Winner chooses their prize

Prize: 7-8 lb. whole boneless D'Artagnan Heritage applewood-smoked ham

Prize: $20 Fandago.com voucher.

Prize: $10 Build-A-Bear gift card.

No comments: