Monday, January 19, 2009

Under The Tuscan Sun

In a few hours my three day weekend will be over. I spent hours watching a documentary called Black Coffee. It explored the dark rich world of coffee. Now you might ask yourself, how can you make a documentary that lasts three hours about coffee. Well it examines the socio-political aspects of coffee. Did you know that women once thought coffee prevents men from er ah performing their marital duties. In some countries it was thought to enhance those same marital requirements. It is the second largest legally traded commodity worldwide. Mr. Thrifty and I don't drink coffee but we found ourselves pretty interested in the whole thing.

Darryl and I also watched the movie Under the Tuscan Sun. I've been meaning to watch it for a long time and now I finally have.

I was able to take those Pepsis back to CVS today. They actually had my favorite caffeine free ones today. I was also able to buy some Hershey Candy that was on sale. I bought two bags of Hershey kisses for $1 a bag, 2 dark chocolate bars, and two Reeses whips for 50 cents total. I guess I will have to write about how i saved money for Valentine's Day

I hand planned on writing some essays today but other things got in the way, like my dumb computer acting up. I did enter some blog contests.

Prize: Copy of Internet Dating Is Not Like Ordering a Pizza by Cherie Burbach.

Prize: Box of nine Valentine's Day cookies from Fancypants.

Prize: $100 Visa gift card.

Prize: Football, beverage pail, snack helmet, two key chains, two hats, two t-shirts, five Pepsi 24-pack coupons, and five Frito Lay coupons

Prize: Legendary Performances - Tammy Wynette DVD

Prize: Copy of How to Be Like Walt: Capturing the Disney Magic Every Day of Your Life by Pat Williams and Jim Denney.

Prizes (5): Copy of The Great Wings Book by Hugh Carpenter and Teri Sandison

No comments: